Athletic Department website: http://hamtramckathletics.com/
Athletic Department Director:
It’s an honor and privilege to represent Hamtramck Public Schools in athletics. All players are required to follow the team rules outlined below. Knowledge of the rules in mandatory, as ignorance is no excuse. Failure to follow them will result in suspension from the team. A serious infraction will result in permanent removal.
1. Team selections are the discretion of the coaching staff. These factors are considered in your selection:
- Physical condition
- Knowledge of the game
- Technical skill
- Ability to fit into the team
- Coaching ability
- Academic eligibility
2. If you quit the team, it is your responsibility to notify the coaching staff immediately.
- No athlete may practice without a physical on file in the athletic office.
- Practice is essential for success.
- You will always do your best and attend every practice.
- You will be on time for practice.
- Vacations, employment etc, should end by the first practice.
- The only excuse for missing practice or games is excused absence from schools.
- If you are absent from school, you cannot practice or play in a game on that date.
- Practice is held rain or shine, unless otherwise noted by the coaching staff.
1. All injuries of any nature must be reported to the coach at the time they occur.
2. You will be denied participation with the team for a period to be determined by the athletic director and/or coach for the following disciplinary reasons:
- Obscene gestures
- Other disciplinary situations that may arise
3. Stay out of trouble, as it may interfere with your future on the team.
4. You are responsible for all equipment issued to you. The full replacement cost will be charged for any equipment lost damaged or stolen.
5. A clear, sharp mind is needed to play effectively. Smoking, drinking, or the abuse of drugs, will result in removal from the team.
6. Coaches, players, referees, and spectators must be treated with respect at all times.
7. With administrative approval, coaches may establish training rules, curfews, etc, for each sport.
8. All players are subject to M.H.S.A.A. rules and regulations.
If you have any questions concerning these rules, consult your coach.